What is the Law of Attraction?
You have most likely heard of the Law of Attraction, but may not know exactly what it is, or how to use it to your advantage. The Law of Attraction is really very simple; it is the idea that we attract what we think about, both positive and negative. By focusing your thoughts on something, it is more likely to happen.
So for example, if you think positively and focus on achieving a goal, you are more likely to do it. However, this also goes for negative thoughts; if you constantly think negatively, you will attract negativity and unfortunate events to your life. The more time and energy you spend focusing on something, the more powerful it becomes.
The Law of Attraction dictates that we create our own realities; we attract the experiences we want to have, but also those we don’t. This is an empowering thought; if you want something positive to happen, you should focus on making it a reality by thinking and acting to make it a reality.
How to use the Law of Attraction
Though the Law of Attraction focuses on thinking about things you want to attract to your life, we obviously can’t spend all of our waking hours thinking about one thing; we each have jobs, families and other responsibilities we also need to focus on.
However, there is a quick and simple method to practice the Law of Attraction every day which takes just a few minutes of your time.
- To begin, you need to find a quiet and relaxing room or space where you can sit down and meditate. The room needs to be free of noise and other distractions, so you can focus solely on the task at hand.
- Start your meditation by relaxing your mind. Simply sit still, close your eyes, and focus on breathing slowly. Stay like this until your feel your mind has relaxed and emptied of the stresses of the day, and is now open to a conversation with the universe.
- Next, you need to think about what it is that you want. Focus on one thing, and make sure that you are absolutely clear and certain that you truly want it. It could be anything, from a promotion at work, to getting better at a skill or hobby, losing weight or getting fit. Focus on that thing, and how you would feel if you got it.
- Now, you need to ask the universe for what you want. Send clear, easy to read pictures to the universe to show it exactly what it is you wish for. Again, focus on how you would feel if you got what you want; imagine the pride you would feel when your boss says you have the job, or how accomplished you would feel when you perfected something you creative you enjoy. This is an essential part of using the Law; when you act and feel like you already have your wish, this is when it manifests and becomes a reality.
- Now you need to trust the universe and be grateful. One of the best ways to practice gratitude is to write it down; write a letter to the universe, expressing your joy and happiness at receiving your wish. Trust that the universe will work with you, and that by focusing on your goals, the universe will help you achieve them.
One thing to remember is that though the Law of Attraction means you are more likely to attract the things you wish for, you also have to work with the universe to achieve these things. Most things take work, and you have to put the effort in to get the results.
If you want a promotion, you have to work hard at your job and prove you’re deserving of one; if you want to lose weight, you have to eat healthily and exercise, etc. Simply dreaming of something but not actually doing anything about it will not result in success, only frustration and disbelief in the Law of Attraction, which in turn will attract negativity and put you further away from achieving your goal. Remember to think positively and work with the universe to achieve your goals, and the universe will work with you.